Monday 11 August 2008

Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up Look Sharp / Stop Dat




  • Genre: Garage / Hip Hop / Rap / Grime
  • Album: Boy In Da Corner
  • Time: 03:13
  • Year: 2003

Review:

The beat is pretty tight, but at the same time pretty simple and just shows why Dizzee Rascal is something else and unique. I miss the old Dizzee grimey stuff, before he went mainstream. The name of the song right at the end of this video is called "Stop Dat". Only complaint I have is that his voice is so high pitch, it's kind of weird because it doesn't look like it's comin from him, but nice tune still... The video is also missing some bitches dancing in the background. And there are only two verses in this song also.

Fix Up Look Sharp Lyrics:
OOOOIII!!ha ha ha ha ahaha ahahahayea!
STUPID!
[CHORUS]Fix up look sharpdon't make me paint a bitchsomething get darkhear the bang, see the sparkduck down, lay down just (get on down)
I got the big beatI hear the soundI got the big beat (Dizzee Rascal!)I get on down
[VERSE 1]I've heard the gossip from the street to the slammer,They're trying to see if Dizzee stays true to his grammer,Being a celebrity don't mean shit to me,Fuck the glitz and glamour, hey I'm with the Blicks and GammaBecause they're talking 'bout rushingTalk behind my back but to my face they say nothin',Stand up in the Parks, keep a firm, steady stance,Keep the beanies touching, keep the beanies hot flushin,Flushin MC's down the loo,If you don't believe me bring your posse, bring your crew,Feel free to hate cos i ain't trying-a be your mate,Be serious you wouldn't last an hour in my shoesIt's an Air-Force-One,Trainers by the truck load, trainers by the tonne,Don't feel dazed when I catch you by your jays,Chump, best to act like Forrest Gump, best to run!
[CHORUS]
I stay sweet as a nut, sweet like Tropicana,When the hammer hits, your head splits like bananaYour not ready for this girl,You better send your best soldiers, 'cos this is Captain Rascal!More destructive and troublesome than ever,I'll probably be doing this, probably forever,Fellas wanna stop me don't probably come together,Its probable they'll stop me, probably never,You Topman, Topman, hard toppa toppa,Come to me with an attitude, come a cropper,I'm old school like Happy Shopper,I fight old school, bring your bat and your chopper,And a First Aid Kit, and some antiseptic, this could get hectic,I'm a done accept it, you got a bright future,Don't let my shit affect it!
[CHORUS x2]
Fix up!

Stop Dat Lyrics:
OOOOIII!!ha ha ha ha ahaha ahahahayea!
Stop Dat!!!
Stop datStart datGet dat, wah?!?Been der done dat had dat, wah?!?He's got a Nokia, take dat, wah?!?Rude mouth, loud mouth watch dat, wah?!?Pretty girl, buff girlDoggy, dat, wah!?!Dizzee Rascal's on da format, wah!?!Bad manners get a backslap, wah?!?I call da shots like top cat, wah?!?Track and stack whores done dat, wah?!?Come a rude boy come prove dat, wah?!?Boy in da corner, I'm dat, wah?!?Loose school lyrical bow-cat, wah?!?Best friend, sole mate, wats dat?, wah?!?Girlfriend, wifey done dat! , wah?!?You can't know me, know dat! wah?!?Dedication to show dat! wah?!?
Chuckin' MC's like stonesBad boy forever like Sean Puffy CombsInside, outside runnin all zonesSet trend, get girls like Tom JonesBrake bones, brake your house, wifey's home,yes wifey don't leave me aloneDat boy's arrogant send for da chromeCome bare-foot like Fred FlinstoneYou got a big gun?Come bring it outButterfly-knife come along fling it outwe could jus do it old school Swing it outI suggest you best start winging outWho's dat? Wat's dat boy in my eye?Yea man, quick man, start spreadin out!Kidnapped, takin rascal's hideoutCold sweat, tie you up, get burnt out!
Yeaoooooh!!!Boys, girls start movin'Come on, Girls, boys start movin'Alright don't stop, don't stop, till it's hurtin'Come on don't stop, don't stop, till your bleedin'Alright boys, girls start your ting'Come on, Girls, boys start your ting'Alright don't stop, don't stop, till it's hurtin'Come on don't stop, don't stop, till your bleedin'Alright boys, girls start movin'Come on, Girls, boys start movin'Alright don't stop, don't stop, till it's hurtin'Come on don't stop, don't stop, till your bleedin'Alright boys, girls start your ting'Come on, Girls, boys start your ting'Alright don't stop, don't stop, till it's hurtin'Come on don't stop, don't stop, till your bleedin'
Alright!
Got a screw face all night all dayScrew face kids brothers aren't paidScrew face means kid why you waste awayScrew face means get out my wayScrew face means you don't know me,what you lookin at what's your beef?!?Screw face means I'm not havin itScrew face means I'm not a chiefScrew face means I'm not happy right nowDat's why no smile was usedScrew face means I'm not pleasedScrew face means I'm not amusedScrew face means I jus wanna walk not talkScrew face means I jus wanna leaveWhen I act off, aint my screw face, gimme spaceScrew face means let me breathe!I got sick flowsMake an MC have to walk on his tip-toesLife aint always niceThat's hoe shit goesYou know we're goin on blackCause we're black crowsAnd I cant be seen wit these sick hoesWe're bustin us mic till your chick goesYou are not, not gonna beTill we kick toesYour girl's the same as allBimbo's, freak's and nimpho'sI got an idea, make dough on the spotI mean right hereLock your girls up in for da whole yearYou can bring drama cause I don't know fearI'm violent, feels so clearMove to the mic Mc's are like oh dearSome try catchin me but they're not nereNot ever, not now, or not here way too hot here
[Rave sounds]
Look, yo girls, ladiesdo da butterfly, shake your battie low,shake your battie highdon't ask me who, where, when or whyWanna see a battie raise high to da skyLook, yo girls, ladiesdo da butterfly, shake your battie low,shake your battie highdon't ask me who, where, when or whyWanna see a battie raise high to da sky

Video:






No comments: